Last week we had a very productive few days working on the Eidolon project with writer/director Jeremy Weller. Jeremy came in to advise us as a dramaturg (i.e. he was telling us what works, doesn’t work and helping us to give then piece an overall shape and focus).
On Monday morning we did a run of the performance in progress for Jeremy and Babs McCool, Charitable Arts and Wellbeing Coordinator, at the Forth Valley Royal Hospital, who has seen a number of incarnations of the work so far. The afternoon was spent gathering their feedback, both through the de-brief session and subsequent discussion. Tuesday, we did script run through’s and mini-workshop tasks in an attempt to bring more emotional depth to the text and performance.
On wed, we went back through the text reviewing changes and applied similar workshop techniques to the dance sequence material, again mining for deeper emotions. Really productive days, with much interesting discussion that helped refocused the performance group, and also threw in some interesting cheeky developments, including the use of interchangeable genitals and fright wigs!